Pipe adapters are fittings which are used to terminate or extend pipes. Working of pipe adapters are somewhat similar to that of couplings, the difference is that the adapters join two pipes of different types.
These fittings can also be used to connect pipelines with fittings and accessories such as valves, CP Fittings, Shower heads, taps, pumps, tanks etc.
Pipe adapter fittings are made of many different materials like Copper, Brass, Cast iron, Aluminum, Steel, rubber and polymers. Plastic adapters made of PVC or CPVC plastic are the most modern addition to the collection of pipe adapter fittings.
These are usually fittings with PVC socket in one end and male or female thread on the other.
PVC adapters are light weight, economical and long lasting. However PVC adapters are only recommended for use with cold water. One must take care not to over-tighten them during installation.
Ajay pipes is a pioneer in manufacturing PVC plastic pipes and fittings and excels in the quality standards of its products. Plumbing products by Ajay are available in all the major cities in India. Ajay Pipes has 11 warehouses and more than 500 dealers spread across the country for the earliest possible delivery of its products.
Ajay Pipes offers following benefits over other manufacturers of PVC pipes and fittings:
● Proven hot and cold water performance
● Manufactured using virgin plastic of high quality which is environment friendly.
● All weather corrosion resistance
● Safe for potable water
● Do not support combustion
● Low thermal expansion
● High impact strength
● Consistent and reliable joining
● Quick and easy installation
● UV resistance
● High pressure compatibility
● Zero scaling and deposition
● On-site training for better installation and durability
● After-purchase services
● High availability
Adapters vary in types on the basis of their method of connecting two pipes apart from the materials they are made of, some of the types of adapters are mentioned as follows:
Ajay Pipes is a business organization with the most number of certifications and approvals in the plumbing industry.
Ajay has been certified by many top National and international organizations and institutes like –
● CIDCO – City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra limited
● MCGM- Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
● CIPET- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology
● PWD- Public Works Department
● BIS- Bureau of Indian Standards
● IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay