1. INSIST ON PRESSURE TESTING OF EACH UNIT:
After installation insist on pressure testing of the entire plumbing system as per the manufacturers recommendation before back-filling of pipes inside the walls. In case of drainage system, insist on doing leakage test. This will avoid the very expensive and time consuming walls and floor breakage later post tiling.
2. TAKE SPECIAL CARE TO USE CERTIFIED SOLVENT CEMENTS:
Solvent cements (fusion compounds) form a very small part of your plumbing system however is of prime importance in making a good joint. Certified solvent cements especially those complying with standards must be used. NSF certified products are usually the best for plumbing.
3. HAVE ALL PIPES PROPERLY CLAMPED:
Ensure that plumbing and drainage pipes are properly clamped as per the manufacturers recommendations. This helps avoid leakages, damages and breakages in the long run.
4. HAVE ALL EXPOSED PIPES PAINTED:
Always paint all pipes that are exposed to sunlight. This will avoid damages to pipe line due to brittleness and ensure long life of the product.
5. ALWAYS PROVIDE ‘INSIDE-BATHROOM’ PLUMBING DRAWING TO EACH CUSTOMER:
This will help your customers locate pipes behind the walls so that if you need to mount something on your walls, there is no danger of drilling through the pipes and causing huge damage.
6. ENSURE THAT THE MAIN TRAP INSIDE EACH TOILET/BATHROOM AND KITCHEN HAS 50 MM WATER SEAL:
Before installing the traps, always ensure that they have minimum 50 mm waterseal. Check manufacturers catalogue for details before purchasing.
7. INSULATE HOT WATER PIPES FOR CENTRALISED HOT WATER INSTALLATION:
Always insulate hot water pipes with correct insulation from the hot water heater to customer homes. This will save huge amount of energy and electricity bills.
8. ALWAYS INSTALL PROPER AIR RELEASE VALVES WHEREEVER REQUIRED:
After installation is complete, request your consultant to visit the site to check places where air entrapment may happen. Air release valves must be installed at all such places. This will avoid catastrophic failure of pipes.
9. CHOOSE LEAD FREE PLUMBING PRODUCTS ONLY:
Lead is a commonly used ingredient in plumbing pipes and fittings which has long term adverse health effects and can specially impacts infants and children. Always ensure that plumbing pipes and fittings are free from lead and other heavy metals.