Plumbing Pipe Fittings
The plumbing system is an essential part of any residential or commercial building. Proper plumbing ensures that water comes into and out of the building without any leakage. There are various types of plumbing pipe fittings for different purposes and functions. The primary job of plumbing pipe fittings is to join multiple pipes of the same size or different sizes to regulate the flow. It is plumbing pipe fittings that allow the pipes to change direction, control the flow and change the diameter of the pipe.
If you are new to a plumbing project, here is a brief overview of different types of plumbing pipe fittings and their purpose:
1. Elbows: An elbow is an important part of the pressure piping system. It is used to connect two pipes of the same diameter or slightly different diameters. It is used to change the angle or direction of the pipe run. They are mainly used in 90 degrees and 45 degree turns.
2. Street elbows: A street elbow is used to join a pipe with a fitting at an angle. The street elbow has male threads on one end and female threads on the other end. They are available with different bend angles.
3. Tee fittings: Shaped like the letter T, a tee fitting is a short piece of pipe. Different types of tee fittings are used for branching pipes.
4. Couplings: In water and wastewater piping systems, couplings are used to connect two or more sections of pipes to maintain the flow of water. They can be used to join pipes of different or equal sizes.
5. Reducers: To join pipe of different diameters, a reducer is used. It reduces the size of a pipe to match the diameter of another pipe.
6. Bushings: Though both reducers and bushings primarily do the same job which to reduce the diameter of a pipe, they are different. While a reducer changes the size slowly, a bushing does it abruptly. Unlike a reducer, a bushing takes little space.
7. Unions: It is a type of pipe fitting that joins two types without causing any change to the diameter. They can be easily removed.
8. Adaptor fittings: Adapters are used to connect pipes that are not similar. They are mainly used to connect copper and plastic PVC pipes.
9. Caps: They act as a protective device and protect the ends of the pipes. They are used to remove air blocks.
10. Plugs: They are inserted into the end of the tubing to dead-end the flow. It normally used to close an ending on a pipe fitting during an inspection or maintenance work.
11. Nipples: It is a fitting, consisting of a short piece of pipe. It is used for connecting two other fittings.
12. Valves: A valve is a device that controls the flow and pressure of fluid within a system or process. Different types of valves are used depending on the requirement.
If you are looking for home pipes and plumbing pipe fittings, explore our products. We, at Ajay Pipes, are a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs. We have a wide range of CPVC, UPVC, SWR, UDS and Column pipes and fittings.