When it comes to planning plumbing projects, the choice of piping solution plays an important role. You need to evaluate the various types of pipes. Earlier, metal pipes such as galvanised iron pipes and steel pipes were used. But as they are prone to corrosion, scaling and lead poisoning, they fell out of favour. Over the last few decades, UPVC pipes have emerged as a cost-effective and durable choice for many plumbing projects. Reliability, easy installation and corrosion resistance are some of the many advantages that UPVC pipes offer over metal pipes:
Over here we discuss features that make UPVC plumbing pipes a better choice than metal pipes:
1. UPVC pipes are resistant to corrosion: One of the major drawbacks of using metal pipes is that they deteriorate due to corrosion, which not only leads to leaks but also compromise the quality of water. Unlike metal piping systems, UPVC pipes do not corrode or rust over time as the compound does not react with air and water the way metal does. This results in the safe transportation of potable and significantly longer life of the pipe.
2. UPVC pipes are resistant to bacterial growth: Biological contamination presents a serious concern for many plumbing applications. They contaminate water, making them unfit for use. Our UPVC plumbing pipes and fittings are resistant to bacterial growth.
3. UPVC pipes are strong and durable: UPVC pipes have high tensile and impact strength which make them a long-lasting plumbing solution. Unlike metal pipes, they are flexible which makes them even ideal for tight areas.
4. Metal pipes are prone to leakage: As metal pipes corrode easily, they rust and break down, leading to leaks. Whereas UPVC pipes do not corrode, keeping chances of leakage to the minimum. Our UPVC pipes do not rust even in hard water. Joint fittings are attached and sealed with solvent cement, ensuring no leakage.
5. Metal pipes are toxic: Lead poisoning is one of the many safety concerns that make metal pipes the wrong choice of transporting drinking water. Lead not only causes health problems among people but results in extensive environmental contamination. Our UPVC pipes are made from environment-friendly, lead-free and non-toxic compound. This makes it safe for potable water distribution.
6. UPVC pipes are cost-effective in the long run: UPVC pipes are lightweight and are easier to work with. They are not as heavy as metal pipes and, thus, not as arduous to work with. They can be easily cut. The installation requires simple tools that are not very expensive. As UPVC pipes do not corrode, they do not require frequent maintenance. The overall labour costs and maintenance costs are low in comparison to metal pipes. They outlast metal pipes and thus are cost-effective alternatives. Our UPVC pipes are designed to last for over 50 years.
We offer a wide range of UPVC plumbing solutions that are ideal for cold water plumbing applications. Made from high-quality UPVC compound, our UPVC pipes are protected against corrosion and chemical deterioration. We also provide training and services for single-family homes, large residential buildings and commercial buildings.