What are PVC Pipe Fittings?
Plastic pipe fittings are plastic pipe connectors used in the plumbing & drainage system to join multiple pipes of the same or different sizes either to lengthen the pipeline or change the direction of flow. This regulates the water flow in the plumbing system. Based on their nature, they are either used to combine, divert, or reduce the water flow and come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Combined both the PVC pipe and fittings form an essential part of any water supply or drainage system.
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride (UPVC) pipe fittings are used as pipe connectors for all plumbing & drainage purposes in residential & commercial buildings and are suitable for cold water distributions (up to 60 Degree C). PVC pipes and fittings are also used for irrigation, municipal water supply and various industrial applications.
PVC Pipes and fittings is the material of choice in India and has proven performance for all the above applications for over 50 years now.
PVC PIPE PRICE in India:
PVC pipe prices vary depending on the class of pipe, quality, length, material and usage of the pipes. PVC pipes are used for different purposes like water distribution & drainage systems. The quality, material and thickness of the pipes vary as well. While drainage pipes are made for non-pressure application, they are lighter in weight compared to pipes for water distribution which are thicker and designed to withstand pressure. Drainage pipe prices are generally lower than water supply pipes of the same size and length.
For the latest PVC pipe price or for downloading the latest PVC pipe price lists, click here.
Plastic Pipe Price
Pipes for water supply and drainage are made from several different plastics. Plastic pipe prices also depend upon the type of plastic used. Different varieties of plastics being used for piping are PVC, CPVC, HDPE, MDPE, LLDPE, PPR, PEX, PERT etc. Amongst all the plastic pipes, PVC pipes are most easily available and prices of PVC pipes are the most affordable.
PVC Pipe Clamps and Clips:
Pipes need to be fixed in order to provide stability to the plumbing and drainage system in any private or commercial setting, that’s where the pipe clamps and clips come in action.
Pipe clamps and clips provide support to the pipes fixed on the walls or suspended from the ceilings.
Pipe clamps and clips come in a wide range of variety as their needs may vary from simple situations to complex situations with heavy flow pipes.
PVC pipe clamps and clips are usually circular or semi-circular in shape with varying diameters depending on the diameters of pipes to be supported. Screws and bolts are required to fix these pipe clamp fittings (either using PVC pipe Hangers or directly) to the walls or solid support surface.
The plastic pipe clamps are used all over the length or the pipe along the surface to ensure a secure support system.
PLASTIC WATER PIPE :
Today, plastic water pipes have completely replaced the old metal pipes used in the earlier times. Plastics pipes have today become dominant for water supply all over the world. The reasons behind the popularity of plastic pipes are:
1. Light in weight – The light weight of plastic pipes for water makes them easy to install and replace without hassle.
2. Recyclable – Plastics such as pvc pipes for water supply in the market today are completely recyclable making them environment-friendly.
3. Easy Handling – Being light, the plastic water line pipes are easy to handle and transport.
4. Immune to scaling- Because of their smooth internal surface the plastic pipes used for water supply do not let salts and debris in water to deposit on the surface and as such maintain the water flow.
5. Easy to install: These water line pipes are joined using either a solvent or pre-designed rubber ring structure. This takes minimum time and effort to make the joints which are reliable and long lasting.
6. Rust and corrosion free – The plastic water line pipes do not rust or corrode like metals water pipes. This property makes them ideal for long-time use.
7. Resistant to chemicals and microbial attacks- Material such as PVC for pipes does not react with any chemicals and is also resistant to the attack of several microbes.
PVC PIPE JOINTS:
PVC stands for Polyvinyl Chloride. It is a man-made plastic mainly used to transport water and is widely used in drainage and water distribution systems. Pipe joints are crucial in any piping system as they decide the life of the system. PVC Pipe joints serve many purposes such as
a. Lengthen the pipe
b. Change the direction of pipeline
c. Take out multiple outlets
d. Connect the pipe to different elements such as pumps, sprinklers, faucets, showers and other accessories.
PVC pipes and PVC Pipe joints are made to last long, generally having a life-span of about 30-50 years provided the joints are properly sealed and good quality solvent cement is used. PVC pipe joints must be able to withstand the pressure of each pipe.