Hiring the right plumber or plumber contractor shall first depend upon the nature of the job. In case you are constructing a new house or fully renovating an old house, you shall certainly need a reasonable sized plumbing contractor. In case of repair work a plumber shall do however in both cases choosing the right person is extremely important for your home.
A} New Construction or Renovation
Plumbing contractor is a person who is involved with plumbing works like laying pipelines and fixing plumbing fixtures. You would need the services of a plumbing contractor at the time of building your new house as well as for renovation of your old house. In both cases, the amount of plumbing work required is quite comprehensive. You should certainly discuss the plumbing requirements with your main civil contractor and architect first. Depending upon your preference, either he must appoint a plumber for all the plumbing needs or if you wish you may appoint your own plumbing contractor. A plumbing contractor should always work in close coordination with the building contractor and should have a clear idea about the building’s layout.
Finding a reliable contractor who can deliver you with quality plumbing fixtures and equipments is a challenging job. There are many factors to be considered before finalizing the contract with a plumbing service or company. You should only hire the services of a reputed plumbing company or contractor who has years of experience to boast about specially if your architect is not providing the plumbing drawings.
Specifically check that the plumbing contractor or plumber has experience based on the selection of the following equipment:
- Plumbing and drainage pipeline
- Water Tanks
- Water treatment system
- Water heating system (localized or centralized)
- Pumping system / Pressure system
- Kitchen and Toilet fixtures (Wall mixers or Divertors, Open/Concealed cisterns or flush valves, faucets, massage jets, bath-tubs etc)
- Different kinds of Valves
- Manholes/Inspection chambers
- Basement drainage
- Other specialized equipment
You can search for feasible plumbing contractor in your locality by initiating an online search. Several online platforms and directories are now available for engaging professional services. You may also check with your architect or a reputed dealer for reference.
- Check for his certifications
- Check his level of experience
- What jobs he had executed earlier and references
- Visit a few sites that he has executed earlier
- Check if he has experience in installation of all equipment that you have chosen
- Take detailed quotation before awarding the job
- Check if he can help you procure equipment at good prices
- Check about service warranty
- Mechanism for resolution in case of any problem
Always contact more than one person and compare before taking the decision.
B} Major or minor Repair work
Everybody needs a plumber at some point of time as the houses we will live in have got various water supply options. The best time to choose a plumber is before you actually need one. The reason is simple. Rather than searching for a plumber at a time when there is an emergency, one should always have an option ready for those times. This will not just save time at that crucial time but will also help an individual to avoid panic situations and hasty decisions. Before looking out for a plumber one thing should be made certain. People should only opt for certified or well experienced plumbers.
In case you have moved to a new house or locality, the best way to know a plumber is through
- Neighbors and people who are already living in that locality for some period of time
- Check with real estate agent who got that house for you
- Ask the nearest reputed plumbing goods dealer
- Check internet listings for good plumbers
Now, whenever there is a requirement of a plumber in the house, one can call the plumber earlier contacted. Before getting the work done, one should clarify few things like price for the service and warranty. This can avoid any argument or discussion which may happen later due to service not working properly. Apart from this, it will also help you from the horror of getting a shocking bill after few minutes fixing done by the plumber.
It is sometimes preferable to check with more than one plumber before taking the decision.
For more information or visit by our Plumbing Solution Executive, call us on 1800 114 050 or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org